> Well of course we agree on most if this. And of course your general
> thrust that a spiderable HTML underpinning is necessary for search
> engines is right. But on the UI issue perhaps a slight divergence.
> Perhaps you can do data and UI hand in hand, but my view is that you
> dont know what your product should really be until you do some form of
> UI that you can test against real users who can tell you whether you are
> on the right track. This typically means building some form of UI,
> perhaps a wireframe though this will give you less good feedback,
> perhaps not even tied to a server but with mocked up data, for them to
> experience. If you go right to a data model, then you dont know if the
> content that you are trying to present is what the user really needs or
> wants. So I am always focused on making sure that what I am doing is
> what the user wants first. Once you know you are on the right track,
> then you can build a data model to present the user what they need. Of
> course this does not mean that great code cannot be written lots of
> other ways!

Yup i think we can agree on that :)

Btw, this just popped up in MXNA, very relevant to this discussion:
http://www.randomusa.com/flash/index.php?entryID=1875

I just wished Adobe would actively approach and discuss the problem we
are facing. I don't even ask for solutions. Maybe a technote that
addresses this in some way would already be helpful.

Cheers,
Claus.

--
claus wahlers