I was seeing this same thing today with some stuff I was working on.  I
hadn't spent any time trying to remove the event listeners before adding
them again though.  So, I don't know if that would work, but apparently not.
 I wonder if the delegate should actually be set up as a Singleton so that
multiple instances of the delegate weren't floating around cathing the
events every time.  This way, you could guarantee that only one instance was
being used.  Just a thought.

 I don't have the code in front of me, but if you're reinstanciating the
delegate every time the command is called, then this could explain it.

 Try setting a breakpoint in your delegate and look at the memory address
for "this" and see if it's changing each time the delegate's called.