Hello,
I know DHTML and am learning Flex, trying to port some of our Web Apps
over to a Flex environment.

Many of the HTML tables we use to display data have irregular headers,
where 3 Headings might themselves be under one heading (using
colspan=3"), for instance, and various other non-standard groupings.
If need be I can provide a link to illustrate.

How would this be accomplished using a Datagrid?  (Or is there another
"data table" component I should be using?)  I love how easy it is to
tie a Datagrid to XML and have Flex do all the work for me, but
sometimes I need to format the headers (and even a column or two) in
an "non-standard" manner.

Thanks for any insight you can give. :)

Sincerely,
Ann