From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alex Uhlmann
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2007 8:20 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] BindingUtils.bindProperty versus <mx:Binding>

Closer to your mx:Binding tag is:

BindingUtils.bindProperty( userVO, "Name", this, [ "nameTextInput",
"text" ] );

but keep in mind that binding of mx.binding.utils using ChangeWatcher
and BindingUtils work differently from the mx.binding package (MXML
compiler binding). The latter supports much more use cases, i.e. binding
to expressions, XML, having functions and Array elements in property
chains, etc. BindingUtils i.e. only supports property chains.

I'd question why you would want to replace all our MXML bindings when
it's working like a charm for you? ;) Aren't MXML bindings (curly
braces, function bindings, mx:Binding/Observe) easier to write and
maintain?

Best,
Alex

         Alex Uhlmann