THANK YOU......
its always nice to have another pair of eyes when dealing with this
syntax!!!

My current dev. tool is nothing like this...

Roger

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Doug McCune <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is catalog misspelled?
>
> categories = event.result.catelog.category;
>
> If there's no catelog child of the XML root, then trying to access a
> child of that node will probably throw the error.
>
> Doug
>
> Roger Ross wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Working my way throught the "Training From the Source" turorial and
> > ran into this error message.
> >
> > Not sure why I am getting it. I compared my code to the completed code
> > for the lesson and it looks the same with no problems when I
compile it.

> > TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null
> > object reference.
> > at Dashboard/::catHandler()
> > at Dashboard/__catRPC_result()
> > at

flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEventFunction()

mx.rpc.http.mxml::HTTPService/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::dispatchRpcEvent

mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::resultHandler