I'd like to throw out an additional recommendation "Advanced Actionscript 3
with Design Patterns" I think it just came out recently. I noticed it last
week and gave it a chance. I really like it.

They just cover the basic ones that you are likely familiar with at least at
a high level, but they do it very well and thoroughly with simple,
interesting, examples that are fun to read and in a nice style. They are
pretty short and direct also, when it comes to the exposition that makes a
lot of the pattern books really boring.

And it's small enough that you can read it in bed without breaking your
nose, always a plus for a computer book.

The cookbook is fun and probably useful for most folk at some point.