You need to reference flashVars like this:

var myVar:String = Application.application.parameters.myVar;

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of g_vaccarezza
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 1:48 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] FlashVars not working

this is driving me mad!
Can you guys tell me what am I doin wrong?

See I have to pass a variable to my flex app then just fill a
textfield with that value.

I wrap the app like this:

<object>
<param name='flashVars'value='theText=this is a text'>
etc...
<embed flashVars='theText=this is a text'> etc...
</embed>
</object>

Then from within the movie I call my function ON COMPLETE

private function initApp():void{
requestText.text = theText;
}

I took this from the livedocs but nothing seems to work...
Am I writing something wrong? sintax error or what?
this shouldn't be that diff'cult!

Thanks
-g