To access the variables inside of Flex, you need to use '
Application.application.parameters.variableName'.

And the parameters need to be defined within the 'AC_FL_RunContent' method
in the html container (the one where hasRequestedVersion is true... as
follows:

"allowScriptAccess","sameDomain",
"flashvars", "var1=true&var2=false",
"type", "application/x-shockwave-flash",

Brendan