What I mean is the Flash Player only displays the composite layer, all
other layers are discarded.  If you are loading png files directly
rather than embeding them  then you should flatten them.  But if you
Embed them in the swf then the compiler does the work of stripping out
the extra layers.

And of course you never lost data, the player can't alter your source
files.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Merrill, Jason"