Hello,

I think I have found a memory leak in e4x.
In very special cases (=xml) the player swallows the memory.

I have posted this "probably" bug in the Adobe forums a few month ago.
No answers yet. Could somebody confirm the leak? Or is it my fault?

The whole test case (swf, xml, mxml, html files) can be found on
actionscript.org:

http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?t=127834

The little test program connects to a web server for an xml file, and
the result is converted to an array.
The array is displayed in a DataGrid.

There are two files:
leaktest.xml doesn't leak in any cases (format: e4x or xml)
pbentries.xml leaks when the format is e4x.

Choose e4x format and check Use "Leak" file! The program leaks.

Probably there is a bug in my test program. Or in the player. If so
than please send me a feedback!

Thanks,

Lacito