Tom Chiverton wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 Feb 2007, Paul J DeCoursey wrote:
>
>> Indeed, and since we had heavy use of DELETE and PUT we had to make the
>> determination of what was easier and more cost effective.  We choose
>> SOAP because Flex has good SOAP support.  We avoided implementing DELETE
>> and PUT because we don't have any protocol developers on staff.  So
>> until Flex has out of the box support for all the HTTP verbs then it
>> does not support REST.
>>

> I still think saying 'does not support REST' is slightly misleading, as it
> supports what most people do with REST.
> In any case, I assume you've been to http://adobe.com/go/wish ?

I can't comment on what others are doing, I can only comment on the fact
that it does not out of the box support PUT and DELETE.  Those are the
operations we needed and the original poster needed. It's silly to argue
the semantics of this, if you think it's so easy to implement PUT and
DELETE then be my guest.  Perhaps one day I will port Commons HTTPClient
and it will solve our problems.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: