That is exactly what you need to do. Create a "for" loop and get a
handle on each object in the loop.

Then, set up a method that returns a Boolean if it needs to be
flagged. This method will check the dates. if true, then inside your
For loop, flag the data object.

Note: You can do the conditionals inside the for loop, it's just
better for readability to extract that logic out to another method
within the same class.