try parentDocument.currentState = 'home'

On 2/27/07, stephen50232 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  Hi,

I'm working on an application, which is component based. One of my
components is a Login screen, in which the user enters the username and
password, these details are passed to a ColdFusion CFC and checked, the
result is then checked.

If the login is successful I want to be able to change the state in the
main application file from the Login state to the Home state, originally I
tried using:

this.currentState = 'Home';

But this was in the Login component, which doesn't have states, so that
didn't work. What is the best practice for components to call the main
application to perform tasks like changing the state?

Thanks

Stephen

--
http://indeegrumpee.spaces.live.com/