From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of bruce1976
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 4:48 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Flex Data Services Question, Java backend

Hi,

I want my Flex clients to be notified when new data is available. The
data is read-only, so the Flex clients won't be updating it, they just
need to display it. When the data is ready to be viewed, I have a Java
backend that can send an HTTP post to any endpoint, but I'm having
trouble determining which FDS component I should use.

Of course, the Flex client can't receive the POST, and I don't mind
putting a mini-HTTP server on the same tier as the FDS, but I'm not
sure how to notify the clients.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bruce