Hi David,

the problem is based on the conditional in the VideoDisplay function set volume...
I had to track this down and found a temporary workaround..

package com.iahh.teaser.ui
{
        import mx.controls.VideoDisplay;

        public class IAHHVideoDisplay extends VideoDisplay
        {

                public function IAHHVideoDisplay()
                {
                        //TODO: implement function
                        super();
                }
                override public function set volume(value:Number):void
                {
// change value by just a touch to trick the super class into taking it.
                        super.volume = value+0.000000001*Math.random();

I created a subclass that I have tied into my mxml file using a new namespace and just override (overrode) the volume setter. it does the trick for me. btw, the random is needed to insure that you can set the same value, like 0 at every new source attachment.

cheers, Julian