Paul, if you're saying I need to re-read the thread, well I took your
advice and I did, and yet nobody has really explained why adding frames
programatically and adding instances of object to it would be useful.  I
guess I just don't see it when you can control instances of objects
separately and use events to drive animation (even if the animation
itself is hand-made) - what does adding blank frames and injecting
content into those frames with code accomplish?  Maybe it's just my lack
of imagination, sorry, I just have never heard of this being a useful
feature since I started developing in Flash 6 years ago. Perhaps you can
explain?

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
GT&O Learning & Leadership Development