Peter,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried the suggested way of invoking
webservice thru proxy, but it didn't work. I'm getting the same
error: HTTP Request error. Btw, I set useProxy="false" since I'm not
using FDS.
You're abs right, and my SWF file resides on the same domain (IIS
server) as my proxy script (I have both JS and C#->dll proxies).
The webservice resides on another server (no crossdomain.xml) to
which I obviously don't have access.
Based on my Java experience, I just need to instantiate the class
declared inside the proxy script, then call a web method passing
parameters, but I'm not sure how to do it in Flex.
Thanks,
/Roman

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Farland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I thought you would do something like this:
>
> <mx:WebService id="ws"
>
> wsdl=http://mydotnetserver/myapplication/myproxy.asmx?
url=/some_encoded_
> url_to_your_wsdl"
>     result="handleResult(event)"
>     fault="handleFault(event)" />
>
> If you SWF is not served from http://mydotnetserver/ then you will
need
> a crossdomain.xml file on the dotnet server to set policies to
allow
> your SWF from the other domain to contact it directly (...and I'm
> assuming that you're trying to use a .NET proxy in the first place
> because this is a third party web service and you can't get them
to put
> a crossdomain.xml file on that server).
>
> The SOAP address location (usually defined at the bottom of your
WSDL in