Scott,

> Sillyness aside, there is substance to this and it was a great read,
but i think what hurt it's purity is the undercurrent of "MS is evil,
watch them" mentality.

I assure you that undertone wasn't purposeful.  I did flub the Sparkle
reference, but then again, most people misunderstood what Sparkle was
and the general understanding at large was the Sparkle was WPF/E.
Code words are supposed to be confusing right? :=)

As you said, aiming at that would have just undone the message I was
trying to get out.

Worth noting BTW, I am a MSFT Alumnus.

--
Dave Wolf
Cynergy Systems, Inc.

Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Office: 866-CYNERGY

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Dave.C,
>
> Dave.W gets it :) He understands that the RIA space is not exclusive
to one
> company but many, while I get the undercurrent of his blog-speech, I do
> however disagree with the "dark evil plotting" - MIX isn't because MAX
> exists, its actually because it's intent is to showcase a MIX of
Microsoft
> Technologies in the one spot, consolidated. Usually PDC / TechEd are
> reserved for the 100% Microsoft pieces (except TechEd Australia were
we are
> hoping to mix-it-up a bit more).
>
> Furthermore, we are looking to REMIX (Australia, Melbourne, June 25th -
> 26th) in the rest of the world based off what the US version does and so
> on.. point I'm thinking folks at times amplify the paranoia around
> Microsoft ;)
>
> Secondly, Sparkle was the code-name for Expression Blend, and JOLT
was the
> code-name for Silverlight. I also get nervous when anyone uses the term
> "Missiles","Big Bang" and Microsoft. As when they do, i start to
think of
> Cult Followings and ponder if I've been duped into some mystic cult
(I'll be
> that guy running out in FBI handcuffs on Hard Copy saying "I didn't
know..I
> didn't know..")
>
> Sillyness aside, there is substance to this and it was a great read,
but i
> think what hurt it's purity is the undercurrent of "MS is evil,
watch them"
> mentality.
>
> I'm evil, Microsoft isn't though (just to clarify that).
>
> On 4/20/07, Dave Carabetta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   I hope this isn't taken with as some sort of corporate shill for my
> > employer, as it's honestly not my intent, but Dave Wolf, Vice
President of

http://www.cynergysystems.com/blogs/page/davewolf?entry=wake_up_and_see_the

> > Regards,
> > Dave Carabetta.
> > Cynergy Systems, Inc.
> >
> > On 4/18/07, Scott Barnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > >    Its an annoyance of mine aswell. I'm confused as to why .NET
remoting
> > > was dropped from Flash/Flex (haven't yet seen FLASH CS3 and
whether its back
> > > but yeah, no idea and all i can say is Mark's got his head
screwed on right
> > > and he can help with WebORB in that regard. Actually the Flex
Builder
> > > integration is quite stunning I must say, it left both Andrew
Shorten & I
> > > drooling @ Feb Seattle Flex UG)
> > >
> > > That so sounded like a plug didn't it :) hehe. (Sorry it wasn't
meant to
> > > be)

Framework 2.0
Adobe.