Hi Bjorn,
I don't think it will allow you to do this for a remote domain.
See Docs for BitMapData:

"The source object and (in the case of a Sprite or MovieClip object) all of
its child objects must come from the same domain as the caller, or must be
in a SWF file that is accessible to the caller by having called the
Security.allowDomain() method. If these conditions are not met, the
draw()method does not draw anything"

I tried to do the same with a remote .flv file but the player wouldn't let
me :-(

Hilary