Jonathan

This happens because you're trying to convert an Object from a Null Value.

In FDS2.0.1 has a little change from LCDS from transactions.

Here's a breafing on how you could do.

VObject vo = (VObject) myObject.toValueObject();

DataServiceTransaction txn =
DataServiceTransaction.getCurrentDataServiceTransaction();
              if (txn != null) //this is coming through as not null..
                   txn = DataServiceTransaction.begin(false);

               String voAss = "my-other-assembler-destination";
               vo.status = DEDAppVO.Status.LOCKED.value;
               vo.statusMsg = msg;
               txn.updateItem(voAss, vo, null, null);
               txn.commit();

To notyfiy another assembler of changes I suggest you to use the menssage
Services instead of ServicesTransaction(). Due to LCDS it will changes and
still in Beta.

Regards.