I have been having the same issue more or less. See here:

>From what it looks the only way to get most of it cleaned up is to
implement some sort of cleanup method on all your modules. Making
things like listeners weak should make this a little easier. I really
wish there was more documentation wise about "Best Practices" in
dealing with modules short of the simple examples loading a UI
component as a module. If that's all they're meant to do why bother. A
REAL example with a module that has things like a Remote Object in it.
Examples of how best to load it up AND properly unload/dispose of it all.

- Kyle