Thank you Peter and Kelly for your responses...

Unfotunately, I don't control our client's DB servers or their other
apps that use these WSs, so I'm forced to use this dateTime format:
2007-05-15T00:00:00-04:00

Flash/Flex dropping off the TZ infomation that is sent seems to paint
me (and everyone else that has dateTime WSs that they don't control)
in to a pretty small corner.

If I knew the TZ of the dateTime that was sent in the WS then I could
ajust accordingly based on my app needs...

I still have a feeling that I'm overlooking something since this seems
so fundamental..?  Any other ideas..?

Thanks,

Paul