I had a similar issue with a WS I was using, and realized it was
sending back both UTC and local time - you might check for that.  I
ended up having to use a function to get the time right and displayed
correctly in a data grid.

Check the AS 3 reference too, I think there's an example in there.

joe

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Farland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Can you be sure that all of the dates that come from that server
will be
> sent in the timezone of that server?
>
> If they're -4 hours behind GMT / UTC, then you know that
>
> 2007-05-15T00:00:00-04:00
>
> is the same as:
>
> 2007-05-15T04:00:00Z
>
> However, if you're -7 hours behind GMT / UTC, for example, then this
> time is seen as:
>
> 2007-05-14T21:00:00-07:00
>
> All of these three times are equivalent but just in different
timezones.

> A problem arises if your code, or perhaps some UI component that
you're
> using to display dates, only considers the date portion of this
> dateTime... then you're not really getting an accurate picture of
the
> point in time in which this dateTime refers. If you're only
interested
> in the date and not the time, then you can always send individual
values
> for YYYY, MM and DD (or use xsd:date and not xsd:dateTime). If you
can't
> change the webservice... then you'll need a way to query the remote
> timezone and make adjustments accordingly (i.e. for the above
scenario
> where you only want the date as it was in that remote date time...
you'd