Hi Brian,

Well, that may be the reason indeed. That's where Flex is getting a bit funky. I've embedded the fonts into the application, but for some reason Flex is not taking them.

I've had mixed results embedding system/native fonts in Flex. Some of them take fine, others won't.

I'll dig a bit deeper and see what's going on with the fonts that won't show up properly...

Thanks for the hint!

Jurgen

Brian Morearty wrote:

Hi Jurgen,

> It seems that fade effects (fade in or fade out) do not fully work on
> labels, at least not the way I have implemented the fading.

That's because you're using device fonts instead of embedded fonts. If you use native fonts, certain effects like fade and rotate do not work.

This help topic gives a brief explanation:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/2/docs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=LiveDocs_Parts&file=00000736.html <http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/2/docs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=LiveDocs_Parts&file=00000736.html>

- Brian Morearty
  Intuit