On 5/18/07, Matt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  That actually does fix it...shouldn't I be able to add and remove
without having to write work-arounds for bugs in Flex though?

Of course... we should outlaw bugs :)

Hank

If I wanted that kind of development experience I'd go back to writing
HTML and JavaScript. ;)

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>, "Andrew
Trice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>] On
> Behalf Of Matt Wicks
> Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 10:23 AM
> To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Re: Flex is Broken
>

> I had a similar problem .. never really got to the bottom of it but I
> found that addChildAt worked while addChild didn't ?
>
> On 18 May 2007, at 15:03, Matt wrote:
>

> The exact error message I'm currently getting is as follows:
>
> RangeError: Error #2006: The supplied index is out of bounds.
> at flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer/addChildAt()
> at
> mx.core::UIComponent/http://www.adobe.
> <http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::$addChildAt>
> com/2006/flex/mx/internal::$addChildAt()
> at mx.core::Container/addChildAt()
> at mx.effects::EffectManager$/::removedEffectHandler()
> at Function/http://adobe. <http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply>
> com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
> at mx.core::UIComponent/::callLaterDispatcher2()
> at mx.core::UIComponent/::callLaterDispatcher()
> at flash.utils::Timer/flash.utils:Timer::_timerDispatch()
> at flash.utils::Timer/flash.utils:Timer::tick()
>
> Just to be clear here though, I'm calling addChild, not addChildAt
> (internally addChild calls addChildAt).
>
> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:flexcoders% <flexcoders%25>
40yahoogroups.com>