Hmm, actually, maybe 'change' is not what I should be listening to. I
need to intercept the default action when user tries to change the
selected item and based on user input, allow/disallow the option user
is trying to select. What event should I listen to then? I was
thinking of 'close', but that wouldn't work on keyboard action, would it?

Thanks!