I checked the Flex Applications like you suggested and I didnt see the
index.mxml file that should have been and was there.. I'm wondering if the
.settings folder that was commited to CVS is causing problems. I know it's
causing the java facet error and forces me to change the version back to 5.0
.

Oddly enough the Warning has moved further down the file structure..
It's not saying that :Severity and Description    Path    Resource
Location    Creation Time    Id
Application file flex-src\flex-src\flex-src\index.mxml does not exist.
    aopschedule    Unknown    1190741564201    63019

So it went from "Application file flex-src\flex-src\index.mxml does not
exist."

Down another level of "flex-src" heh..

So it builds now.. Yippie!