Our development team was using RTMP.  Our corporate network is seriously
locked down for external applications.
It is my understanding that in order to use the RTMP tunneling you have to
be using LCDS not FDS2.  We did some
"light" testing (1 day) of that configuration and couldn't get it to work
through the firewall either.  It was our experience
that the "rollover" functionality was not working.  [could have been our
configuration].  Our timeline was tight
enough that we couldn't spend more time on that nor could we get a hole
punched through the firewall in time for the
deployment.  We fell back on amf-polling.

Articles which may be of value to you are:

LiveCycle Data Services Features
http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/dataservices/features.html

Proxy Server setup:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=1ccfec30

Tunneling
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_16631

Roxanne Reid-Bennett
QA Analyst Architect

"Battershall, Jeff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
10/16/2007 08:39 AM
Please respond to
flexcoders@yahoogroups.com

<flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
cc

Subject
[flexcoders] How does RTMP work?

I'm trying to get my wits around RTMP and any firewall issues that may
exist with it. I understand that Adobe's RTMP implementation uses http
tunneling - does this mean that the firewall doesn't in fact have to
have port 2048 open? That the rtmp requests in fact come over on port 80
in the http headers?

Just trying to understand - any explanation appreciated.

Jeff Battershall
Application Architect
Dow Jones Indexes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(609) 520-5637 (p)
(484) 477-9900 (c)

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally
privileged and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the
addressee(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying,
forwarding or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof.

Thank you.

<<image/gif>>

<<image/gif>>