        -----Original Message-----
        From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Anatole Tartakovsky
        Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 11:16 AM
        To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [flexcoders] How does RTMP work?

        Your best bet to keep it trivial would be configure server with
multiple addresses and put multiple instances of the server on different
IP  - one for HTTP/AMF on 80, the second with RTMP on 80.

        If you must keep remoting(AMF) and messaging(RTMP) on the same
server, the best solution is to run AMF on the top of the RTMP -requires
some custom components - you are getting better manageability and QoS,
not to mention client RPC and other layers you can build in the
communication stack for your application. That is usually reasonably
small project and provides extremely robust solution. Crude public
description of the approach is here
http://flexblog.faratasystems.com/?p=215 and here is
http://flexblog.faratasystems.com/?p=232 description why you might want
it.

        Regards,
        Anatole Tartakovsky
        Farata Systems

        On 10/16/07, Battershall, Jeff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>