The ResourceModel and ResourceItemModel classes are [Bindable].  Is
that what you're talking about?

Also, I was thinking that the 'selected' property of ResourceItemModel
is not used for the 'selected' property of the CheckBox in the
itemRenderer.  The 'label' property of the model seems to work, but is
'selected' not the appropriate variable to use?  Should it be
something like 'data' perhapse?