Semantics, I know, but....
  The language is ActionScript 3.  You're talking about a problem with a
component built in that language, not the language itself.

  I can see a benefit of adding either of these attributes to the
datagrid.  You should be able to create your own version, or an
extension of the DG at your leisure.

  You can submit an enhancement request at http://bugs.adobe.com/flex/ .
  I'm under the optimistic impression that Adobe looks at, and
evaluates, all requests.  It wouldn't hurt if you tell all your friends
to vote for the request.

--
Jeffry Houser, Technical Entrepreneur, Software Developer, Author,
Recording Engineer