Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply!

I've figured out the way how to clear the contents.

I was unable to do it if ADG and group collection and dataprovider were
in MXML format.
So, I just created independent ArrayCollection, binded it to the
GroupCollection as source and then after getting query result from
server manually inserted objects from HTTPService into the
ArrayCollection. And before fetching the data simply call
arrayCollection.removeAll();

After debugging the code I would say that the you can't clear the
contents assigning null to the data provider as code checks everywhere
if source != null and in this case just doing nothing.

O the contrary, if you generate CollectionChanged event everything is
fine.

PS I am still wondering how direct binding HttpService & ADG works for
most of the people - for example when result is just only one object
XML parser does not generate vector representation of data.
Anyhow, I am avoiding MXML as much as possible.

Cheers,
Dmitri.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Mr Greg Murnock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are you sure there isn't another datProvider set somewhere?  I
use "ADG.dataProvider = null" to clear datagrids out in a couple
different areas and have never had a problem.  also make sure you
aren't reasigning the original DP somewhere.