I have already done that but it still gives the same error.
Here the dataProvider is an XMLListCollection.

Here is the code

mygroup.source = XMLListCollection(datagrid.dataProvider);
var group:Grouping = new Grouping();
var gf:GroupingField = new GroupingField("PRICE");
mygroup.grouping = group;
mygroup.refresh();

Regards,
Nikunj