Hi Nikunj and Screeni_r

     Just wondering here: do you need to be able to not only view the XML
data (Read/Only), but also update the data (Read/Write)  and if you are
using it in a Read/Write mode, are you having simple successes with
that, or some frustration?

     For myself, I've had some frustration using the non-Advanced
mx:DataGrid  - just how far advanced is that AdvancedDataGrid?  I
understand it has column widths that can automatically tune to the width
of content: as to what other compelling reasons to uprade there, that's
not well advertised.

     For me, I'd prefer to be able to have the user set column widths and
have that persist from session to session for the user.

     Oh, I have that: based on the ColumnStretch event and a SharedObject
client side persistence for those settings.

      I'll also be needing to do some 'hierarchy folding' on my DataGrid
content, and I HOPE I can use ArrayCollection (the dataProvider)
filterfunction  for that: any advice as to whether or not that will work
for me?

     Note: I used the Yahoo Groups Rich Text Formatter to compose this
message... did I waste my time there?  3 terms should be italicized; 5
terms should be bolded; and one term should be underlined..... is
anybody  out there seeing that?

-- John

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "nikscares4u" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I have already done that but it still gives the same error.
> Here the dataProvider is an XMLListCollection.
>
> Here is the code
>
> mygroup.source = XMLListCollection(datagrid.dataProvider);
> var group:Grouping = new Grouping();
> var gf:GroupingField = new GroupingField("PRICE");
> mygroup.grouping = group;
> mygroup.refresh();
>

> Regards,
> Nikunj
>

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "sreeni_r" sreeni_r@ wrote:
> >
> > If you set GroupingCollection.source to the XMLListCollection and
setup
> > the Grouping and GroupingField properties and call
> > GroupingCollection.refresh it should just work.
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "nikscares4u" <nikscares4u@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am using an XMLListCollection as a dataprovider in
AdvancedDataGrid.
> > > Is there any way to apply grouping on the AdvancedDataGrid using
> > > XMLListCollection. When I try to apply it on the
XMLListCollection,