Hi Alex,

    I don't know if you have any influence on the matter (i.e. are you
an Adobe Engineer?), but,
I can only assume the MXML compiler happily processed the
mx:DataGridColumn  attribute specifications that included the
non-supported use case here: dataTipFunction AND itemRenderer

    If that is an unsuppported use case as you seem to be saying, it
sure would be helpful for the MXML compiler to announce that.

    <sarcasm>Isn't Flex wonderful</sarcasm>

-- John