> The flex project that uses the module puts the "module home" project
> in its source path,
Why is it required? Since you module is supposedly independent of your
main app, you  do not need to specify it in the source path.

> However, when compiling the main app (the shell) it complains about
> the module's locale files (ModuleTexts.properties for example)

Are you using some class from the module project directly in your main
app? I would suggest to have main app independent of the module
classes, if that is not possble including <module home>/locale/en_US
in the source path of main app should resolve the compilation errors.

Thanks,
Gaurav