As usual, i sent the message and solve my problem.

The problem was casting the dataProvider as XML.

if i use

var list:XMLList = dataProvider.descendants().(attribute("editing") ==
"true")

i can parse through the list and change it attributes

for (var i:* in list){
     [EMAIL PROTECTED] = "false";
}

:P

Thanks for your help. It put me on the right track :P

raf
--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Rafael Faria"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok you got it almost right like you said.
>
> instead of attributes use attribute.
>
>                               var list:XMLList =
> XML(dataProvider).descendants().(attribute("editing") == "true")
>

> the thing now is how do i change the element.
> i tried go through the list and change the attribute to "false" but it
> doesnt really change it.
>
> this is killing me =/
>

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Rafael Faria"
> <rafaelfaria.grupos@> wrote:
> >
> > Not really. Got an error as well.
> >
> > someone else can help me out??
> > raf
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Hayes" <jim@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I think it's
XML(dataProvider).descendants().(attributes("enabled") ==