>From PHP I'm raising custom errors by CODE.
//php code
throw new Exception('Fail to do something', 3333);
http://ar2.php.net/exceptions

You must see the your error code on Flex.
//as3 code
fault(fe:FaultEvent) {
  trace(fe.fault.faultCode); //should display 3333
}

But sometimes the error code override an internal ("protected ?")
action script error code and Flex stop working. (not tested on latest
flex sdk).

I think this could be a good approach for error handling with
something like  switch(fe.fault.faultCode) {case, case2,case3.}.
We should investigate a little bit more.

hope that help.

Luciano

r i a e v o l u t i o n . c o m ®
rich internet applications that works