VELO wrote:

> The list truly needs moderation?!
>
> I participate on other java/flex groups without moderation and works 100%

Yes, Yahoo! groups need moderation. They are targets for spammers and
spamming recruiters.

I am a moderator on another, related Yahoo group, Flash_Tiger. We have
solved the logjam problem by having three moderators--Jason Merrill, another
member of this list, is one of our moderators.

Moderators keep our list spam-free, and, when necessary, on-topic. I have
found the moderation on flexcoders to be unobtrusive and effective, and am
personally glad he/she/they are on the job.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson