>>I am a moderator on another, related Yahoo group, Flash_Tiger. We have
>>solved the logjam problem by having three moderators--Jason Merrill,
another
>>member of this list, is one of our moderators.

>>Moderators keep our list spam-free, and, when necessary, on-topic. I
have
>>found the moderation on flexcoders to be unobtrusive and effective,
and am
>>personally glad he/she/they are on the job.

And now I'm helping to moderate this list as well (with several others)
... :)

I agree with Kerry - moderation makes for a much nicer list.  It
sometimes means your first posts are stuck in a queue for a little while
until the moderators get to it (especially on weekends), but it does
help to keep the list realtively spam free, helpful and overrun with
recruiters.  Just this morning for this list I removed two nasty spam
messages and one recruiter message about a job completely unrelated to
Flex.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
GT&O and Risk L&LD Solutions Design & Development
eTools & Multimedia

Bank of America Flash Platform Developer Community

Are you a Bank of America associate interested in innovative learning
ideas and technologies?
Check out our internal  GT&O Innovative Learning Blog
<http://sharepoint.bankofamerica.com/sites/ddc/rd/blog/default.aspx>  &
subscribe
<http://sharepoint.bankofamerica.com/sites/ddc/rd/blog/_layouts/SubNew.a
spx?List=%7B41BD3FC9%2DBB07%2D4763%2DB3AB%2DA6C7C99C5B8D%7D&Source=http%
3A%2F%2Fsharepoint%2Ebankofamerica%2Ecom%2Fsites%2Fddc%2Frd%2Fblog%2FLis
ts%2FPosts%2FArchive%2Easpx> .

________________________________

        > I participate on other java/flex groups without moderation and
works 100%

        Yes, Yahoo! groups need moderation. They are targets for
spammers and
        spamming recruiters.

        I am a moderator on another, related Yahoo group, Flash_Tiger.
We have
        solved the logjam problem by having three moderators--Jason
Merrill, another
        member of this list, is one of our moderators.

        Moderators keep our list spam-free, and, when necessary,
on-topic. I have
        found the moderation on flexcoders to be unobtrusive and
effective, and am
        personally glad he/she/they are on the job.

        Cordially,

        Kerry Thompson