Binding swallows all errors.

Also note that on the release players (you are running a debugger
player) no dialogs are shown for uncaught errors.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of twcrone70
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 7:36 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Error thrown in application is being 'swallowed'

If there is a critical failure in my applications I make sure to throw
and error to bring the system down so that nothing fails quietly that
can't be recovered from gracefully. However, I just found a case
where a custom Error instance is thrown and even though it is not
being caught in code, it never causes an Flash error window to appear,
it just quits that particular operation and carries on like nothing
happened.

It is a case for a VO parsing a CSV. If the number of tokens is less
than the required amount, an Error is thrown because the CSV should
ALWAYS have the specific number of tokens (or more) when I call
'split'. Turns out it ignore the case where there was only 4 tokens
when 5 are required. The code is trivial.

var words:Array = message.split( "," );

if ( words.length < 5 )
{
throw new InvalidMessageError( message,
"Device information messages require 5 fields, not " +
words.length );
}

Anyone else experience this in Flex or Flash?

Thanks,

- Todd