From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Romeo Obane
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 7:22 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Yahoo/Google Maps - Navigator Component

Hi,

I made an example of this before and kindly see the attached screen shot
if it's similar.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 3:00 AM, Mike Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

        Hello All,

        I was curious if there were any examples, components, etc. which
allow
        you to do the following:

        Imagine a large graphic or map taking up the entire Application
Screen,
        and then a rectangular box (a fraction of the main graphic size)
sitting
        in a static spot "always on top", representing the image as a
whole.
        Within this rectangular box Component, you can drag around a
small
        rectangle which represents the present viewing area below. As
the Zoom
        Level changes, the draggable rectangle dimensions change
accordingly.

        For you Photoshop users, it's the Navigator Component - which
lets you
        drag around the rectangular box within, and quickly Pan the
image around
        in order to quickly access an area you'd like to work on (rather
than
        having to use the scroll-bars).

        I believe Yahoo/Google Maps has this feature as well.

        Does anybody have a place for me to start, in order to learn
more about
        how to do this, etc?

        Thank you all in advance for any information on this,

        Mike