All that html metadata does is assure that the HTML code will be
refreshed each and every time the viewer sees the page. But to my
knowledge this does not affect whether a media asset such as a flash
document (SWF) is refreshed on each pageview.

It is impossible to prevent a SWF from apprearing in the browser's cache
folder. But you can insert generate the embed and param tags dynamically
with javascript, and then using something like:

"myFile.swf?nocahe="+(new Date()).getTime()

(not excatly sure of the syntax, it's been a while)
...you can assure that the browser will load the SWF anew with each page
view/refresh so that the SWF is being fetched from the server each time
versus from the browser cache after the first view. But the file will
still appear in the browser's cache folder no matter what you do,
including runtime loading of a content SWF into a proxy.

I suppose, theoretically you can stream the content SWF from a streaming
server such as Red5 or FMS into a bytearray in a host SWF and convert
the bytecode into usable content, but I've never tried it, and do not
know how you would implement the particulars. This would be the only way
to ensure that the SWF never appears in the browser cache. Usually it's
more important to secure the data in the application than the
application itself. Better to apply a bytecode obfuscator than to go
through all that trouble unless you're doing work for the military or
something.

Joseph Balderson | http://joeflash.ca
Flex & Flash Platform Developer | Abobe Certified Developer & Trainer
Author, Professional Flex 3 (coming Winter 2008)
Staff Writer, Community MX | http://communitymx.com/author.cfm?cid=4674