From: bc24fl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 2, 2008 4:29:11 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Enable / Disable Flex Menu Items Programmatically using
AS 3.0

I have the following XML data defined in my app:

=========
<!-- Define the menu data. -->
<mx:XML format="e4x" id="myMenuData" >
<root>
<menuitem id="menuDrill" label="Drill =>" >
<menuitem id="menuDown" label="Down" toggled="false"
enabled="true" />
<menuitem id="menuUp" label="Up" toggled="false"
enabled="true" />
</menuitem>
<menuitem type="separator" />
<menuitem label="Lock / Unlock" type="check" toggled="false" />
<menuitem type="separator" />
<menuitem label="Reset Graph" toggled="false" />
</root>
</mx:XML>
===========

I can statically disable one of the items by setting enabled="false" ,
however I need to disable the item by using Action Script 3.0.

I've tried using dataDescriptor like so but it does not work:

myMenu.dataDescript or.setEnabled( myMenuData. menuDrill. menuDown, false);

I've posted this on a few forums and haven't received a solution.  I
hope I can find one here.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.