Hi Pete,

Have you tried using the creationComplete event of the SWFLoader's
parent?  If the swf is embeded, it should be available on that event.

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Pete Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanx to all who suggested help. The answer was that using @Embed
doesn't cause a 'complete' event to fire. I tried all combinations of
attaching a listener for the complete event inside of creationComplete,
preinitialize, etc, and complete never fired. What works is to load
without embedding:

> <mx:SWFLoader id='thisSWF' width="1200" height="400"
> source='deleteme.swf'
> complete="onComplete();" />
>
> The reason I want to know when the SWF is completely loaded is so that
I can then open a localConnection to send data to the swf at startup.
I'm curious what event could be used for this purpose if the swf had to
be embedded.

> P.

> E-mail for the greater good. Join the i'm Initiative from
Microsoft.
> http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?source=EML_WL_
GreaterGood