To both Tracy and Amy,

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Tracy, I'm pretty new to Flex, so I need to ask you for a little
clarification:

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Tracy Spratt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you **use the dataProvider API** to update the item, it will cause the
> labelFunction to run and re-display the new values.

When you say "use the dataProvider API," I assume you mean to use the API of
the arrayCollection which is the dataProvider of the DataGrid, yes?

So after I push the new object into the "options" array, which is within an
"item" object, which is within the itemAC ArrayCollection in the
Configuration object, I refresh the itemAC. That would allow the collection
to re-read the contained "item" objects and their contents, including the
"options" array(s). The labelFunction would also run, displaying the values.

Is that correct? I'm working on that now, but I'd appreciate your
confirmation (or correction).

Amy -- I guess I'd have to go through much of the same steps in a Repeater
as I'm doing now, but I take your point. "Automagic" actions are always a
little mysterious.

--
Thanks,

Tom