From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alex Harui
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2008 6:00 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] ComboBox ItemRenderer Custom Events only go to
SystemManager - WHY?????

        It wasn't clear whether your renderer was dispatching the event
or the entire dropdown.  Yes, you may need two levels of owner..  A
renderer in the dropdown doesn't have any clue it is working for a
combobox and you just have to wire it up correctly.

        Personally, I'm not a fan of using bubbling to pass events.
IMHO, bubbling is designed for cases where you cannot know the
relationship (something internal got clicked, scrolled or added).
Everything else should be handled without bubbling.  The CB listens for
events from the dropdown already.  If I were doing custom work, any
additional event would be dispatched from the dropdown and listened to
from the CB.  Lots of folks seem to love bubbling, but I think it is a
bad practice when you already have a defined relationship.