I need some advice on whether FlexReport is ready for "real" use.

I've already taken a look at it some, and other than it being a pain
to setup and rather slow, I think it may work well enough. But I want
to get some 3rd party opinions on others who have used it-- or, what
other solutions have you come up with? Are most people just using 3rd
party tools like Oracle BI Publisher or Crystal Reports, resorting to
that primitive "HTML round-trip" stuff? ^_^

I also would like to provide users with report building capabilities.
I know reporting is complex, but has anyone done anything similiar or
had any experience creating a report builder in Flex? Something like
ClearBI would be great. (Unfortunately ClearBI has no user base, no
support, no community, extremely restrictive setup requirements, is
almost impossible to setup and get working, isn't cheap (considering
what you're getting), and seems like a VERY risky choice for
reporting.)

As a side rant...
Flex is not going to take off in an "enterprise environment" as Adobe
seems to be claiming it is ready for until we can do reporting
natively in the swf app, without a ton of issues and work to do. I
don't care whether it's built into Flex, created separately by Adobe,
or built by a third party, but a real solution is going to be needed
very soon, before something like Silverlight exploits this weakness.
FlexReport won't be this solution no matter how good it gets, because
it's scope isn't large enough. Users need to be able to create their
own reports using the reporting interface!