From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Anatole Tartakovsky
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 12:35 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Who is using FlexReport?

Report Wirter is a delicate topic. We wrote reporting solution in 2006 -
complete stack from database to end-user UI designer to the optimized client
to the PDF. However, the current mind set in the enterprises - if it is
third party product it has to be open source and free. So instead of pushing
it as a product, we are packaging it as a service.

After all, building low cost solution for mass market requires mass market
and enterprises with flex reporting are not mass market yet.

I believe most of reporting solutions I have seen are just tip of the
iceberg, with services beneath to recover develpoment costs.

Sincerely,

Anatole Tartakovsky
Farata Systems

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Derrick Anderson