After having a look around at various blogs, resources etc I'm stumped
on the following :

I have a TileList using a custom itemRenderer. The dataprovider is a
standard ArrayCollection of objects.

The itemRenderer contains an Image, a Label and a Button. When the
user clicks the button - I want to remove that particular item from
both the Tilelist and the dataProvider.

The problem is that "parent.removeChild(this)" only works partially
(it clears the tilelist "block" of the item's content, but the empty
block remains in place... still highlighted). I also have no idea how
to access the dataProvider from within the itemRenderer.
parent.dataProvider and owner.dataProvider don't seem to work, my
guess being that dataProvider is a private property.

Any ideas ? Is there perhaps a better way of doing this ? (still new
to flex so still learning).

TIA,
Barry